Does not mean you have to settle for a jelly belly? No. It is possible to get a six pack at home, without going to the gym, in a month. The secret lies in diet, exercise and sleep. So, without wasting any time let’s get down to the main points.
The Six Pack Diet
If you want to get a flat stomach with a neat six pack, you should build lean muscle and reduce body fat. Healthy eating helps accomplish this object at the earliest.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals in healthy quantities.
- One should eat carbohydrates in judicious amounts. Replace simple carbs with complex carbs in your daily diet. Fitness experts suggest eating carbs in the morning as it allows the body enough time to digest it. Yams and brown rice are good food choices.
- If you want to get ripped fast, you should eat foods rich in proteins. Proteins build muscle mass, provide energy for workouts and controls hunger cravings. It also helps the body eliminate fat. Consume lean meat such as fish and chicken, eggs, cereal and oatmeal. You should eat 1g of protein for every pound o body weight. One can also have a protein shake.
- You should eat fat in limited quantities; eat healthy fat.
- Do not eat processed and packaged foods rich in sugar and fat such as candies, cookies, pizzas and chips.
- Do not eat high sodium foods.
- Drink plenty of water; at least 8-12 glasses of water daily. Drink cold water. Cold water accelerates your metabolism as the body has to work harder to get the water to normal body temperature.
- You should not drink sugar-sweetened colas and carbonated drinks. Replace them with green tea, coffee and fresh fruit juices. Catechin present in green tea and coffee stimulates your metabolism.
- You should not skip meals or go into starvation mode in order to burn fat in the midsection. Starving works the opposite adding fatty deposits and depleting muscle mass.
- Stomach crunches are the best to get six pack abs in a month. There are a variety of crunches you can perform. The aim is to build core strength.
- Leg raises and hanging leg raises are also exercises for a six pack.
- Cardiovascular exercises such as cycling, running, swimming, stair-stepping, skipping and walking are also a must if you want to get rid of fat sitting around the midsection.
- Interval training that alternates between high and low intensity exercises increases fat burning in the body.
You should get minimum 8 hours of sleep. Sleep replenishes the body. In the absence of rest, the body feels fatigued prompting you to eat more.
This combination of diet, exercise and sleep will enable you to get a 6 pack in 1 month. If you’ve always admired a six pack on someone else, it’s time to make other go green with envy.
Article Source: http://ift.tt/HqSbPm